Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Halloween was a great day.  It was so fun having mom and min in town for Halloween.  I don't think we really did much during the day but we were excited for trick or treating that night.  I hadn't felt real good for most of the day and I hadn't been feeling the baby move much either so I was a little stressed.  I decided I would call the nurse and see what she thought.  The told me to come to triage and that they would do a stress check and an ultra sound to check the fluid levels and then decide where to go from there.  Min and I jumped in the car and headed to the clinic.  They had told me to plan on an hour to an hour and a half so if we went right then we'd be back by 4:30 and could get the kids ready for Halloween.  We got the the hospital and got all hooked up and they monitored me for 40 minutes then did all the other stuff.  Everything looked fine.  They checked me and I was still dialated to a 4 and she said that I would have the baby before Saturday.  That made me feel good and I felt so much better knowing everything was okay with the baby.  Now I felt like I could go and enjoy my night with my kiddos.  The midwife told me to take a LONG walk and this was a perfect night for that.  We ran home and started to get the kids ready.  Mom made some delicious soup so we ate that and then waited for Chill to get home.  Mom was kind enough to stay behind and pass out candy to the trick or treaters.  She loves to do that so she was fine staying behind.  Min, Chill, the kids and I set out on our adventure.  The kids really got into it.  It was so fun to be in a neighborhood with tons of kids out and about trick or treating.  It reminded me of when I was young.  This was a new experience for us because we NEVER went trick or treating down town Salt Lake.  It just didn't happen!  It was a great night...but I still was not in labor:(



 






 

1 comment:

Claudia Wilcox said...

Oh my gosh!! You are blogging with a new baby. Makes me miss you all so much!!!
I LOVE you all.
Grandma